Skip to main content

Good day to code

I've been spending a lot of time preparing for the coding part of my assignment.. I've reviewed a load of frameworks, I've read a number of books, written product descriptions and wireframes.
Today I spent a lot of time actually coding. My aim was to get the SuperMario "double Jump" working...
I managed to get that going... AND add obstacles, pirates, cannons and some sound effects.
Really pleased with progress. I've also started several discussions with folk about the 10X faster development claim that Corona make, and have identified some tests I can run.


Just about 1000 lines of code so far.... :)

Popular posts from this blog

live

Beta Beater

The Google Developer Console is really very very good.
It's logically set out, and makes it super easy to run a Beta test.
I'm on the tenth iteration of the final draft, and think I've got to a point where I can actually promote the app to Production.
The latest revision changed the icon set, and removed a load more cruft, slimming the app down to just 12.14Mb. I could strip out the iOS icons and lose a few more bytes but the original aim way back when I started on this project was to build a simple game that could be deployed cross platform, so I think I'll try and maintain just one codebase... as I really should submit this to the iTunes store too, to close the project.



Spine again - animating game assets

Laura Tallarday gave a neat demo of how to build an animation in Spine on the CoronaGeek Hangout, so I had a bash at chopping up an image and animating it.
The plan is to add some more sophisticated animations to the new game "Duck sized horse".. but as was discussed in the show adding a whole bunch of spine animated objects might hammer a mobile device... and as the aim is to have 100 tiny duck sized horses, I'd best choose another approach for them.

anyway here's a swaying viking...