Skip to main content

Built with Corona... in Lua Glider

I splashed out on Lua Glider today, formerly known as Corona Cider. Whilst I am delighted to code directly in Text Mate2 and the SDK simulator, I really missed the hand holding provided by my IDE of choice Netbeans...
So I was delighted to find out that Lua Glider is built on Netbeans, and holds the whole development environment together really well... although I miss the unit test tool.

Built with Corona SDK

Popular posts from this blog

Spine again - animating game assets

Laura Tallarday gave a neat demo of how to build an animation in Spine on the CoronaGeek Hangout, so I had a bash at chopping up an image and animating it.
The plan is to add some more sophisticated animations to the new game "Duck sized horse".. but as was discussed in the show adding a whole bunch of spine animated objects might hammer a mobile device... and as the aim is to have 100 tiny duck sized horses, I'd best choose another approach for them.

anyway here's a swaying viking...




live

Beta Beater

The Google Developer Console is really very very good.
It's logically set out, and makes it super easy to run a Beta test.
I'm on the tenth iteration of the final draft, and think I've got to a point where I can actually promote the app to Production.
The latest revision changed the icon set, and removed a load more cruft, slimming the app down to just 12.14Mb. I could strip out the iOS icons and lose a few more bytes but the original aim way back when I started on this project was to build a simple game that could be deployed cross platform, so I think I'll try and maintain just one codebase... as I really should submit this to the iTunes store too, to close the project.