Skip to main content

Spritely

I'm working through a number of Corona Tutorials, like this cracking talk from Seb :


... and have started reading the (really rather accessible) "Programming in Lua" (third edition). I've got a Lua app on my Nexus phone, though it seems to balk at some of the sample code... likewise the Lua app (Lua Coder) on my iPad... I guess they may be running a slightly different version of Lua... the book cover v5.2. However the learning curve isn't anywhere near as steep as it was picking up Java, and a lot of the structures remind me of BASIC, which is where I started coding way back in 1980.
As a bit of light relief between the learning I've been working on some simplified version of the Ninja Dinosaur and Pirate Robot characters I created for an iBook last year. I'm working on turning them into sprites so I can get a bit of GIFtastic action going... will keep you all informed through this blog.

Popular posts from this blog

live

Beta Beater

The Google Developer Console is really very very good.
It's logically set out, and makes it super easy to run a Beta test.
I'm on the tenth iteration of the final draft, and think I've got to a point where I can actually promote the app to Production.
The latest revision changed the icon set, and removed a load more cruft, slimming the app down to just 12.14Mb. I could strip out the iOS icons and lose a few more bytes but the original aim way back when I started on this project was to build a simple game that could be deployed cross platform, so I think I'll try and maintain just one codebase... as I really should submit this to the iTunes store too, to close the project.



Spine again - animating game assets

Laura Tallarday gave a neat demo of how to build an animation in Spine on the CoronaGeek Hangout, so I had a bash at chopping up an image and animating it.
The plan is to add some more sophisticated animations to the new game "Duck sized horse".. but as was discussed in the show adding a whole bunch of spine animated objects might hammer a mobile device... and as the aim is to have 100 tiny duck sized horses, I'd best choose another approach for them.

anyway here's a swaying viking...