Skip to main content

Animation nation

So I've been playing about with the Corona SDK, which really is very simple, and has quite readable API documentation.
I've built a simple animation for a splash screen that uses the physics engine...



The API handles all the tricky stuff...

--
-- main.lua
-- author @rob_work
--
local physics = require("physics")
physics.start()
physics.setGravity( 0, 60 )

local floor = display.newRect( 0, 400, 1024, 00 )
physics.addBody(floor, "static", {density = 1.0, friction = 0.3, bounce = 0.2, isSensor = false})

local logo = display.newImage( "images/tentacle_games_logo_medium-400px.png" )
logo.x =500
logo.y = -150
physics.addBody( logo, "dynamic", { density = .5, friction = 0.1, bounce = 0.6, radius = 90 } )

local logoWords = display.newImage("images/GAMES.png")
logoWords.alpha = 0
logoWords.x = 500
logoWords.y = 550

transition.to( logoWords, {time=3000, alpha = 1})


Popular posts from this blog

live

updating the codes

I wrote the game Ninja Dinosaurs vs Pirate Robots a fair while ago and never got round to the final step of sticking it in either the android store or the itunes store.
It had a few things that needed finishing, and I just lost enthusiasm.
Recently I've had an urge to finish off things I've left undone. I managed to get the NDvsPR book completed and submitted to the Amazon Kindle store and the iTunes Store.



Since I wrote the game, Corona SDK has changed,  the scene manager "Director" was replaced by "Storyboard" and then by "Composer", the Graphics libraries changed making all my code legacy code, requiring graphicsCompatibility = 1, to be added to the config.lua file, and different anchor points.

I thought that patching probably wasn't going to hack it, but I had a look and found that the version I had was pretty near finished, and might be worth a punt.

So I opened the old pivotal tracker project and had a look at the actions, and actually c…

Spine again - animating game assets

Laura Tallarday gave a neat demo of how to build an animation in Spine on the CoronaGeek Hangout, so I had a bash at chopping up an image and animating it.
The plan is to add some more sophisticated animations to the new game "Duck sized horse".. but as was discussed in the show adding a whole bunch of spine animated objects might hammer a mobile device... and as the aim is to have 100 tiny duck sized horses, I'd best choose another approach for them.

anyway here's a swaying viking...